Kirsten Klug, director of Healthy and Fun Choices® Educational Programs, has been offering camps in Oregon for the last five years. The camps are known for providing a creative and inclusive environment for all learning styles.
The camps offer creativity as well as project-based, hands-on and fun learning experiences that help students with their well-being and character development in areas of social, emotional, physical, mental and spiritual.
Register for JUNE 20-24 2D & 3D Design & Art CAMP.
We have selected five themes for this fun art and building camp! Girls and boys ages 7-12 are invited to do these fun themes and activities:
• Color Day – Have fun creating with color! From color experiments to painting with water guns on canvas to creating colorful snacks. You will get to bring home art you can enjoy for years to come!
• Build/Create Day – Design a key chain and produce it with a 3D printer! Build a bird feeder out of lego pieces and create high-flying airplane or rocket ship! Your camper will love turning their mine craft, lego or wizardry ideas into projects they can keep.
• Water Theme Day – Make water features that will get us soaked while learning math and science! From a water bottle sprinkler system to learning how water can create a vacuum, kids will have a blast!
• Gardening Day – Create colorful pots, get your hands dirty while planting strawberries you can take home, and learn about your garden.
• Olympic Theme Day – Compete in fun activities and games while we learn about the summer Olympics! Make country flags, learn about the five rings and discover which sports you can do.
$100 Camper (includes materials and food)
Location: Happy Valley (location specifics will be emailed to you after you sign-up)
FUN 4 FRIDAYS – Fun-filled adventure outdoors while doing art, learning from nature and playing games. Attend just one day or come for all four. Students ages 8-12 $45 Parents $25 Younger children are welcome with approval from Kirsten Klug.
July 15th – Put a Bird On It
Have you seen a Bald Eagle, Heron or Red Winged Black bird up close? Today you can! We will:
• Visit Crystal Springs & the Audobon Society
• Bird watch & learn about birds
• Feed birds & water fowl
• Draw & paint birds/flowers on canvas
• Play fun games and do letterboxing!
Would you like to know more about birds in our area? Let’s together put a bird on it! Register for PUT A BIRD ON IT.
July 22nd – Wild & Wacky
Have you ever felt like just goofing off all day? Today is the day for it! We are:
• Going on a big scavenger hunt
• Doing science expirements
• Exploring in nature at Wildwood Park
• Walking in creeks and watching salmon
• Playing kickball and other sports
Kids ages 8-12 will have a blast at this day camp! Register for WILD & WACKY.
Aug 5th – Smells Fishy
How can you make healthy and fun choices while fishing? Come find out today as you explore life lessons that relate to fishing! We will:
• Catch trout at a farm
• Create fish art you can hang in your house
• Learn about our wellbeing as it relates to nature
Afterwards families are invited to a potluck at Happy Valley park where we will cook up and taste the fish we caught and play sand volleyball! Register for SMELLS FISHY.
Aug 12th – Kickin’ It Up In the Gorge
Today’s adventure will include lessons in art and acting as we learn stories like the Bridge of the Gods and about the Columbia Gorge. We will:
• Go hiking to beautiful waterfalls
• Activate our five senses and enjoy the beauty!
• See the fish ladders and history
• Picnic in Hood River
• Paint a canvas of windsurfers and kite boarders.
Wear good hiking shoes and bring a swimsuit and towel. Register for KICKIN’ IT UP IN THE GORGE.