Nutrition includes what we eat, drink and crave. Our nutrition provides the fuel to get through our day and burn the calories that we need to burn.
A healthy nutrition includes:
• Colorful food choices
• Well balanced meal from all five food groups
• Good porportions and eating on smaller plate sizes
• Drinking fluids like water or milk
• Limiting the amount of sugar consumed each day
• Eating lots of greens (spinach, broccoli, chard, zuccini, peas, asparagus)
• Choosing to eat multiple times throughout the day
• Keeping evening meals or snacks light
Children need between 1,000 and 2,200 calories depending on level of activities. Adults need 1,500 to 3,500 depending on activities. And athletes need 5,000 or more calories per day depending on exercises and weight. Please talk to your doctor when selecting a healthy calorie count for your day.