There are many positive health benefits of owning a pet or being around pets. Here are our top FIVE reasons why we feel pets are integral to healthy behaviors:
1. Socialization: Pets teach children and adults how to be gentle, be aware of how one handle’s a first impression and encourages conversations with other pets and people. Pets like interaction which allows humans to understand what it means to be playful, attentive and loving.
2. Stress Reduction: Pets provide unconditional love which naturally reduces stress. Some studies uncover the direct correlation of lower blood pressure and less pain in pet owners. In 2012 there were reports that bringing a dog to work can be beneficial to workers and visitors,more info here: t Virginia Commonplace University Study.
3. Healthy development: Pet ownership gives children the understanding of routines, growth stages and focus. Having a pet is a great way to give children responsibility on how to raise another family member.
4. Prevents Allergies and Increases Immunity: A study found that children ages 5 to 7 from pet-owning households attend school three weeks more per year than those who don’t have pets. Read more: Health Tips – The Health Benefits of Pets at WomansDay.com – Woman’s Day
5. Increases Physical Activity: Pets get us up and moving. We get to take them outside, run around inside and figure out fun ways to be physically fit.
Find out more by listening to KPAM 860am – Saturday Jan. 26th 8am
Chip Sammons’ Pet Nutrition & News